In this Article
- What other names is 5-htp known by?
- What is 5-htp?
- How does 5-htp work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for 5-htp.
Other potential side effects of 5-HTP include heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, sexual problems, and muscle problems.
Do not take 5-HTP if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a condition called Down syndrome.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.