- What other names is 5-htp known by?
- What is 5-htp?
- How does 5-htp work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for 5-htp.
Possibly Effective for...
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating tension headaches.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Alzheimer's disease, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), weight loss and obesity, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), sleep disorders, anxiety, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does 5-htp work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.