"LA JOLLA, California â€” "If we're going to have this genomics revolution, it's going to be driven by the consumer," Anne Wojcicki, chief executive office and cofounder of 23andMe, said here at the Future of Genomic Medicine IX.
Instruct patients receiving ABLAVAR Injection to inform their physician or healthcare provider if they:
- are pregnant or breast feeding
- have a history of allergic reaction to contrast media, a history of bronchial asthma or allergic
- respiratory disorder
- have a history of kidney and/or liver disease
- have recently received a gadolinium-based contrast agent
- have a history of heart rhythm disturbances, or cardiac disease
- are taking any prescription or over-the counter medications
GBCAs increase the risk for NSF among patients with impaired elimination of the drugs. To counsel patients at risk for NSF:
- Describe the clinical manifestations of NSF
- Describe procedures to screen for the detection of renal impairment
Instruct the patients to contact their physician if they develop signs or symptoms of NSF following ABLAVAR administration, such as burning, itching, swelling, scaling, hardening and tightening of the skin; red or dark patches on the skin; stiffness in joints with trouble moving, bending or straightening the arms, hands, legs or feet; pain in the hip bones or ribs; or muscle weakness.
Inform patients that they may experience:
- reactions at the injection site, such as: redness, mild and transient burning or pain or feeling of warmth or coldness
- side effects of itching or nausea
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/19/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ablavar Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.