"What are ACE inhibitors and how do they work?
The class of drugs called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, as the class name suggests, reduces the activity of angiotensin converting enzyme. ACE converts angiotensin I pr"...
Aceon Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Aceon
Generic Name: perindopril (Pronunciation: per IN doe pril)
- What is perindopril (Aceon)?
- What are the possible side effects of perindopril (Aceon)?
- What is the most important information I should know about perindopril (Aceon)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking perindopril (Aceon)?
- How should I take perindopril (Aceon)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Aceon)?
- What happens if I overdose (Aceon)?
- What should I avoid while taking perindopril (Aceon)?
- What other drugs will affect perindopril (Aceon)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is perindopril (Aceon)?
Perindopril is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.
Perindopril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and to prevent heart attack in people with coronary artery disease.
Perindopril may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Aceon 2 mg
oblong, white, imprinted with ACN 2, SLV SLV
Aceon 4 mg
oblong, pink, imprinted with ACN 4, SLV SLV
Aceon 8 mg
oblong, orange, imprinted with ACN 8, SLV SLV
Perindopril 2 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 551
Perindopril 4 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 327
Perindopril 8 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 715
What are the possible side effects of perindopril (Aceon)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- back pain; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Aceon (perindopril erbumine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about perindopril (Aceon)?
Do not use perindopril if you are pregnant. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of perindopril.
Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking perindopril, unless your doctor has told you to.
Conditions that may cause very low blood pressure include: vomiting, diarrhea, heavy sweating, heart disease, dialysis, a low salt diet, or taking diuretics (water pills). Tell your doctor if you have a prolonged illness that causes diarrhea or vomiting.
Additional Aceon Information
Aceon - User Reviews
Aceon User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.