- What other names is Acerola known by?
- What is Acerola?
- How does Acerola work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Acerola.
Likely Effective for...
- As a source of Vitamin C to prevent scurvy.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Preventing heart disease, treating the common cold, cancer prevention, tooth decay, depression, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Acerola work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.