"SILVER SPRING, MD ‚Ä” Using the antiplatelet clopidogrel with aspirin for over a year doesn't increase or decrease risk of overall death in patients with CHD or who are at risk for developing the disease‚Ä”and it doesn't change the risk of cancer dea"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
When Actisite® (tetracycline periodontal) fiber is in place, patients should avoid actions that may dislodge the fiber. Patients should receive the following instructions:
- Do not chew hard, crusty, or sticky foods.
- Do not brush or floss near any treated areas. (Continue to clean other teeth.)
- Do not engage in any other hygienic practices that could potentially dislodge the fibers.
- Do not probe at the treated area with tongue or fingers.
- Notify the dentist promptly if the fiber is dislodged or falls out before the scheduled recall visit, or if pain or swelling or other problems occur.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Actisite Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.