In this Article
- What other names is Activated Charcoal known by?
- What is Activated Charcoal?
- How does Activated Charcoal work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Activated Charcoal.
It might be safe when used short-term if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, but consult with your healthcare professional before using if you are pregnant.
Do not use activated charcoal if:
- You have a blockage in your intestinal tract.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.