"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the first generic versions of Abilify (aripiprazole). Generic aripiprazole is an atypical antipsychotic drug approved to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Signs and Symptoms of Overdosage
As would be expected from the pharmacologic actions of loxapine, the clinical findings may include CNS depression, unconsciousness, profound hypotension, respiratory depression, extrapyramidal symptoms, and seizure.
Management of Overdosage
For the most up to date information on the management of ADASUVE overdosage, contact a certified poison control center (1-800-222-1222 or www.poison.org). Provide supportive care including close medical supervision and monitoring. Treatment should consist of general measures employed in the management of overdosage with any drug. Consider the possibility of multiple drug overdosage. Ensure an adequate airway, oxygenation, and ventilation. Monitor cardiac rhythm and vital signs. Use supportive and symptomatic measures.
ADASUVE is contraindicated in patients with the following:
- Current diagnosis or history of asthma, COPD, or other lung disease associated with bronchospasm [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Acute respiratory symptoms or signs (e.g., wheezing) [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Current use of medications to treat airways disease, such as asthma or COPD [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- History of bronchospasm following ADASUVE treatment [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Known hypersensitivity to loxapine or amoxapine. Serious skin reactions have occurred with oral loxapine and amoxapine.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/14/2013
Additional Adasuve Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.