Adderall XR Capsules
"Jan. 3, 2012 -- Many popular ADHD medications have been in short supply, particularly less-expensive generics.
That's no surprise to people who've gone from pharmacy to pharmacy trying to fill their child's prescription -- or to those"...
Adderall XR Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What are the possible side effects of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- How should I take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Adderall XR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Adderall XR)?
- What should I avoid while taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What other drugs will affect amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Adderall XR)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, or if it is already evening. Taking this medicine late in the day can cause sleep problems. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Adderall XR)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine can be fatal.
Overdose symptoms may include restlessness, tremor, muscle twitches, rapid breathing, confusion, hallucinations, panic, aggressiveness, unexplained muscle pain or tenderness, muscle weakness, fever or flu symptoms, and dark colored urine. These symptoms may be followed by depression and tiredness. Other overdose symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, uneven heartbeats, feeling light-headed, fainting, seizure (convulsions), or coma.
What should I avoid while taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Do not take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine late in the day. A dose taken too late in the day can cause sleep problems (insomnia).
Avoid drinking fruit juices or taking vitamin C at the same time you take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. These can make your body absorb less of the medicine.
What other drugs will affect amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- blood pressure medications;
- a diuretic (water pill);
- cold or allergy medicines (antihistamines);
- acetazolamide (Diamox);
- chlorpromazine (Thorazine);
- ethosuximide (Zarontin);
- haloperidol (Haldol);
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- methenamine (Hiprex, Mandelamine, Urex);
- phenytoin (Dilantin), phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton);
- propoxyphene (Darvon, Darvocet);
- antacids, sodium bicarbonate (Alka-Seltzer);
- stomach acid reducers such as cimetidine (Tagamet),esomeprazole (Nexium), famotidine (Pepcid), lansoprazole (Prevacid), nizatidine (Axid), omeprazole (Prilosec), or ranitidine (Zantac); or
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil), amoxapine (Asendin), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Tofranil), or nortriptyline (Pamelor).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 5.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Adderall XR Information
Adderall XR - User Reviews
Adderall XR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.