Adderall XR Capsules
"A novel cognitive training computer game that uses a child's own brain waves to improve concentration may reduce symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), say US researchers.
Investigators used a novel feed-forward "...
Adderall XR Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What are the possible side effects of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- How should I take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Adderall XR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Adderall XR)?
- What should I avoid while taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What other drugs will affect amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Do not use amphetamine and dextroamphetamine if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to amphetamine and dextroamphetamine or if you have:
- heart disease or moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension);
- arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries);
- overactive thyroid;
- severe anxiety, tension, or agitation; or
- if you have a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
Some stimulants have caused sudden death in children and adolescents with serious heart problems or congenital heart defects. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have:
- a congenital heart defect;
- high blood pressure;
- heart failure, heart rhythm disorder, or recent heart attack;
- a personal or family history of mental illness, psychotic disorder, bipolar illness, depression, or suicide attempt;
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder; or
- tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette's syndrome.
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine may be habit forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Never share amphetamine and dextroamphetamine with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it. Using this medication improperly can cause death or serious side effects on the heart.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether this medication will harm an unborn baby. It could cause premature birth, low birth weight, or withdrawal symptoms in a newborn if the mother takes amphetamine and dextroamphetamine during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using this medication.
Long-term use of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine can slow a child's growth. Tell your doctor if the child using this medication is not growing or gaining weight properly.
How should I take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Do not take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine in the evening because it may cause sleep problems (insomnia).
Do not crush, chew, break, or open an extended-release capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Your doctor will need to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
This medication can cause unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Keep track of the amount of medicine used from each new bottle. Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine is a drug of abuse and you should be aware if anyone is using your medicine improperly or without a prescription.
Additional Adderall XR Information
Adderall XR - User Reviews
Adderall XR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.