Adderall XR Capsules
"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today allowed marketing of the first medical device based on brain function to help assess attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adolescents 6 to 17 years old. When used as part of "...
Adderall XR Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Adderall, Adderall XR
Generic Name: amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Pronunciation: am FET a meen and DEX troe am FET a meen)
- What is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What are the possible side effects of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- How should I take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Adderall XR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Adderall XR)?
- What should I avoid while taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- What other drugs will affect amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Adderall 10 mg
round, blue, imprinted with AD, 1 0
Adderall 20 mg
round, orange, imprinted with 20, AD
Adderall 5 mg
round, blue, imprinted with AD, 5
Adderall XR 10 mg
blue, imprinted with Shire 381, 10 mg
Adderall XR 15 mg
blue/white, imprinted with ADDERALL XR, 15 mg
Adderall XR 20 mg
orange, imprinted with ADDERALL XR, 20 mg
Adderall XR 25 mg
orange/white, imprinted with ADDERALL XR, 25 mg
Adderall XR 30 mg
orange, imprinted with ADDERALL XR, 30 mg
Adderall XR 5 mg
blue/clear, imprinted with ADDERALL XR, 5 mg
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 10 mg-BAR
oval, blue, imprinted with b 972, 1 0
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 12.5 mg-BAR
oval, peach, imprinted with b 776, 12 1/2
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 15 mg-BAR
round, peach, imprinted with b 777, 1 5
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 20 mg-BAR
oval, peach, imprinted with b 973, 2 0
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 30 mg-BAR
oval, peach, imprinted with b 974, 3 0
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 5 mg-BAR
oval, blue, imprinted with b 971, 5
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 7.5 mg-BAR
round, blue, imprinted with b 775, 7 1/2
What are the possible side effects of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure); or
- tremor, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches).
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache or dizziness;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- loss of appetite, weight loss; or
- loss of interest in sex, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Adderall XR (amphetamine, dextroamphetamine mixed salts) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (Adderall XR)?
Do not take this medication if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), or selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam) within the past 14 days. Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take amphetamine and dextroamphetamine before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body.
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, or if you have hardened arteries (arteriosclerosis), heart disease, moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension), overactive thyroid, glaucoma, severe anxiety or agitation, or a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
Some stimulants have caused sudden death in children and adolescents with serious heart problems or congenital heart defects. Before taking amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, tell your doctor if you have any type of heart problems.
Long-term use of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine can slow a child's growth. Tell your doctor if the child using this medication is not growing or gaining weight properly.
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine is a drug of abuse and may be habit-forming. Keep track of the amount of medicine used from each new bottle. You should be aware if anyone is using your medicine improperly or without a prescription. Using this medication improperly can cause death or serious side effects on the heart.
Additional Adderall XR Information
Adderall XR - User Reviews
Adderall XR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.