"Dec. 19, 2012 -- Oklahoma may want to rethink parts of its official state meal -- designated by the legislature in 1988 -- which includes barbecue pork, chicken fried steak, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fried okra and squash, strawberries, black-"...
The half-life of Adenocard (adenosine injection) is less than 10 seconds. Thus, adverse effects are generally rapidly self-limiting. Treatment of any prolonged adverse effects should be individualized and be directed toward the specific effect. Methylxanthines, such as caffeine and theophylline, are competitive antagonists of adenosine.
Intravenous Adenocard (adenosine injection) is contraindicated in:
- Second- or third-degree A-V block (except in patients with a functioning artificial pacemaker).
- Sinus node disease, such as sick sinus syndrome or symptomatic bradycardia (except in patients with a functioning artificial pacemaker).
- Known hypersensitivity to adenosine.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/3/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Adenocard I.V. Information
- Adenocard I.V. Drug Interactions Center: adenosine iv
- Adenocard I.V. Side Effects Center
- Adenocard I.V. FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.