Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions (cont.)
In this Article
- Before Surgery
- The Day of Surgery
- During Surgery
- After Surgery
- General Instructions and Follow-Up Care
- Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions At A Glance
- Find a local Ear, Nose, & Throat Doctor in your town
Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions At A Glance
- Adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the adenoids.
- Adenoids are a mass of lymphoid tissue located behind the nasal passages.
- All surgical procedures have risks and potential complications.
- Understanding what is involved before, during, and after adenoidectomy can help your child (and you) recover from the surgery as easily as possible.
Last Editorial Review: 3/29/2002
Viewers share their comments
Adenoidectomy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with adenoidectomy for your child.
- Submit »
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.