- What other names is Adenosine known by?
- What is Adenosine?
- How does Adenosine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Adenosine.
- Treating certain kinds of irregular heart beat (as a prescription-only intravenous medicine).
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating weight loss in people with advanced cancer
- Varicose veins.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Pain, shingles, lung cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Adenosine work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.