" Allergy medications overview
The arsenal of allergy drugs includes dozens of medications that relieve allergy symptoms when confronted with a trigger known as an allergen. That trigger could be something from a plant, such as polle"...
Advair HFA Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Advair Diskus, Advair HFA
Generic Name: fluticasone and salmeterol (Pronunciation: floo TIK a sone, sal ME te rol)
- What is fluticasone and salmeterol inhalation (Advair HFA)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
- How should I use fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Advair HFA)?
- What happens if I overdose (Advair HFA)?
- What should I avoid while using fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
- What other drugs will affect fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fluticasone and salmeterol inhalation (Advair HFA)?
Fluticasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Salmeterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
Fluticasone and salmeterol inhalation is used to prevent asthma attacks. It is also used to prevent flare-ups or worsening of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
Fluticasone and salmeterol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Advair Diskus 250 mcg-50 mcg
What are the possible side effects of fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- bronchospasm (wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing);
- fast or uneven heart beats, restless feeling, tremor;
- fever, chills, stabbing chest pain, cough with yellow or green mucus;
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips; or
- worsening asthma symptoms.
Less serious side effects include:
- headache, dizziness;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- dry mouth, nose, or throat;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain, cough, sore throat; or
- hoarseness or deepened voice.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Advair HFA (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone and salmeterol (Advair HFA)?
Salmeterol may increase the risk of asthma-related death. Use only the prescribed dose of fluticasone and salmeterol, and do not use it for longer than your doctor recommends. Follow all patient instructions for safe use. Talk with your doctor about your individual risks and benefits of using this medication.
Before using fluticasone and salmeterol, tell your doctor if you have a food or drug allergy, heart disease, high blood pressure, a seizure disorder, an infection, a weak immune system, diabetes, glaucoma, tuberculosis, osteoporosis, a thyroid disorder, or liver disease.
Additional Advair HFA Information
Advair HFA - User Reviews
Advair HFA User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.