"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cinqair (reslizumab) for use with other asthma medicines for the maintenance treatment of severe asthma in patients aged 18 years and older. Cinqair is approved for patients who have a hi"...
Aerobid, Aerobid M
How to use your
(flunisolide) Inhaler System
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Before using your new AEROBID Inhaler System, it is important that you read over the following simple instructions and familiarize yourself with the inhaler and its metal cartridge.
As your doctor has probably told you, the AEROBID Inhaler System must be used for a few days before it begins working, and then should be used regularly to help reduce the frequency and severity of your asthma attacks. It is not a bronchodilator and will not provide relief during an actual asthmatic attack, but it can cut down the number of bad attacks if used regularly every day.
- Before the first use, place the AEROBID metal cartridge inside the plastic container as shown.
- Shake the inhaler system before each inhalation.
- Before each use, remove dustcap and inspect mouthpiece for foreign objects.
- Replace dustcap after each use.
- Breathe out as completely as possible.
- Hold the inhaler system upright and put plastic mouthpiece in your mouth as shown, being sure to close your lips tightly around the mouthpiece.
- Breathe in slowly through your mouth. At the same time firmly press down on the metal cartridge with your index finger.
- Hold your breath as long as you can.
- While holding your breath, stop pressing on the cartridge and remove mouthpiece from your mouth.
- If your doctor has prescribed two or more inhalations at each use, wait a minute to allow pressure to build up again in the metal canister, then repeat steps two through nine (2-9). Be sure to shake the inhaler system again before each inhalation.
- After the prescribed number of inhala- tions, rinse out your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Clean the inhaler system every few days. To do so, remove the metal cartridge, then rinse the plastic inhaler and cap with briskly running warm water. Dry thor- oughly. Replace the cartridge and cap.
WARNING: The contents of the metal cartridge are under pressure. Do not puncture. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Exposure to temperature above 120°F (49°C) may cause cartridge to explode. Never throw cartridge into fire or incinerator. Use by chil- dren should always be supervised by an adult.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/8/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Aerobid, Aerobid M Information
Aerobid, Aerobid M - User Reviews
Aerobid, Aerobid M User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.