"If you are at high risk, flu vaccination is especially important to decrease your chances of severe flu-related illness. Get your flu vaccine now.
The Flu Can Be Serious
Influenza, commonly called the "flu," is a contagious vi"...
- Inform the vaccine recipient or guardian of the potential benefits and risks of immunization with AFLURIA.
- Inform the vaccine recipient or guardian that AFLURIA is an inactivated vaccine that cannot cause influenza but stimulates the immune system to produce antibodies that protect against influenza, and that the full effect of the vaccine is generally achieved approximately 3 weeks after vaccination.
- Instruct the vaccine recipient or guardian to report any severe or unusual adverse reactions to their healthcare provider.
- Provide the vaccine recipient or guardian with Vaccine Information Statements which are required by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 to be given prior to immunization. These materials are available free of charge at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website (www.cdc.gov/vaccines).
- Instruct the vaccine recipient or guardian that annual revaccination is recommended.
Last reviewed on RxList: 9/8/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Afluria Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.