- What other names is Agaricus Mushroom known by?
- What is Agaricus Mushroom?
- How does Agaricus Mushroom work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Agaricus Mushroom.
Possibly Effective for...
- Type 2 diabetes. Some research shows that taking agaricus mushroom extract along with other diabetes medications might decrease insulin resistance which is common in people with type 2 diabetes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Chemotherapy side effects. Preliminary research suggests that taking agaricus mushroom might reduce some of the side effects of chemotherapy. But this research is too preliminary to use agaricus mushroom for this purpose.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.