"A large-scale genomic analysis found that non-inherited mutations in hundreds of genes together account for about 1 in 10 cases of severe congenital heart defects. The findings bring us closer to understanding the most common type of birth defect"...
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Administer intravenously 25 mcg/kg within 5 minutes and then 0.15 mcg/kg/min (or 0.075 mcg/kg/min for patients with creatinine clearance ≤60 mL/min), for up to 18 hours. This is not the regimen that was used in studies that established effectiveness of AGGRASTAT [see Clinical Studies].
The instructions by weight and creatinine clearance (CrCl) are tabulated in Table 1.
Table 1 Dos ing by Weight and CrCl
|Weight (kg)||Within 5 min
All Patients (mL)
Important Administration Instructions
- To open the container, first tear off its foil overpouch. The plastic may be somewhat opaque because of moisture absorption during sterilization; the opacity will diminish gradually. Check for leaks by squeezing the inner bag firmly; if any leaks are found or sterility is suspect then the solution should be discarded. Do not use unless the solution is clear and the seal is intact. Suspend the container from its eyelet support, remove the plastic protector from the outlet port, and attach a conventional administration set.
- You may administer AGGRASTAT in the same intravenous line as atropine sulfate, dobutamine, dopamine, epinephrine hydrochloride (HCl), famotidine injection, furosemide, lidocaine, midazolam HCl, morphine sulfate, nitroglycerin, potassium chloride, and propranolol HCl. Do not administer AGGRASTAT through the same IV line as diazepam.
- Do not add other drugs or remove solution directly from the bag with a syringe.
- Do not use plastic containers in series connections; such use can result in air embolism by drawing air from the first container if it is empty of solution.
- Discard any unused portion left in the bag.
Dosage Forms And Strenghts
FOR INTRAVENOUS USE ONLY
AGGRASTAT Injection Premixed 5 mg tirofiban per 100 mL (50 mcg per mL) and 12.5 mg tirofiban per 250 mL (50 mcg per mL) are clear, non-preserved, sterile solutions premixed in a vehicle made isoosmotic with sodium chloride.
Storage And Handling
AGGRASTAT Injection Premixed 5 mg tirofiban per 100 mL (50 mcg per mL) and 12.5 mg tirofiban per 250 mL (50 mcg per mL) are clear, non-preserved, sterile solutions premixed in a vehicle made isoosmotic
- NDC 25208-002-01, 100 mL single-dose INTRAVIA containers (PL 2408 Plastic).
- NDC 25208-002-02, 250 mL single-dose INTRAVIA containers (PL 2408 Plastic).
FOR INTRAVENOUS USE ONLY
Store AGGRASTAT at 25°C (77°F) with excursions permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F) (see USP Controlled Room Temperature). Do not freeze. Protect from light during storage.
Manufacture by: BAXTER HEALTHCARE CORPORATION, Deerfield, Illinois 60015 USA. Revised: Apr 2015This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/6/2016
Additional Aggrastat Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.