In this Article
- What other names is Beta-alanine known by?
- What is Beta-alanine?
- How does Beta-alanine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Beta-alanine.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking beta-alanine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- For improving physical performance: 3.2-6.4 grams daily of a specific beta-alanine product (CarnoSyn, Natural Alternatives International).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.