In this Article
- What other names is Alder Buckthorn known by?
- What is Alder Buckthorn?
- How does Alder Buckthorn work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Alder Buckthorn.
The fresh bark can cause severe vomiting. Make sure you are using a bark product that is at least one year old or has been heat processed.
Alder buckthorn is UNSAFE for children younger than 12 years of age.
Do not take alder buckthorn if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a blockage in your intestine.
- You have an intestine disorder such as appendicitis, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or ulcerative colitis.
- You have stomach pain.
- You have diarrhea.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.