- What other names is Alfalfa known by?
- What is Alfalfa?
- Is Alfalfa effective?
- How does Alfalfa work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Alfalfa.
There isn't enough information to know if alfalfa is effective for the other conditions people use it for, including: kidney, bladder and prostate problems, asthma, arthritis, diabetes, indigestion, and others.
Possibly Effective for...
- Lowering cholesterol in people with high cholesterol.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Kidney, bladder, and prostate problems; asthma; arthritis; diabetes; indigestion; and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Alfalfa work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.