Allegra-D 24 Hour
"Plants produce round pollen grains. Individual grains are too tiny to see with the naked eye, but some can form large, visible clusters. For fertilization to take place and seeds to form in some plants, pollen must be moved from the flower of one"...
Allegra-D 24 Hour
Allegra-D 24 Hour Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Allegra-D 12 Hour, Allegra-D 24 Hour
Generic Name: fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Pronunciation: FEX oh FEN a deen and SOO doe ee FED rin)
- What is fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What are the possible side effects of fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- How should I take fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What happens if I overdose (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What should I avoid while taking fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- What other drugs will affect fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
Fexofenadine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose.
Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose).
The combination of fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine is used to treat sneezing, cough, runny or stuffy nose, itchy or watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold.
Fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Allegra-D 24 Hour
round, white, imprinted with 308 AV
oblong, tan/white, imprinted with Allegra-D
Fexofenadine-Pseudoephedrine 60-120 mg-TEV
oblong, white/yellow, imprinted with 93 T13
What are the possible side effects of fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat;
- confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- severe dizziness, anxiety, restless feeling, or nervousness;
- increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure);
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or
- urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dry mouth;
- nausea, stomach pain, constipation;
- mild loss of appetite, stomach upset;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- feeling restless or excited (especially in children);
- skin rash or itching;
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- problems with memory or concentration; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine hcl 180 and pseudoephendrine hcl 240) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D 24 Hour)?
Do not give this medication to a child younger than 4 years old. Always ask a doctor before giving a cough or cold medicine to a child. Death can occur from the misuse of cough and cold medicines in very young children.
Do not take fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other cough, cold, allergy, or sleep medicine. Antihistamines and decongestants are contained in many combination medicines. Taking certain products together can cause you to get too much of a certain drug. Check the label to see if a medicine contains an antihistamine or decongestant.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine.
Additional Allegra-D 24 Hour Information
Allegra-D 24 Hour - User Reviews
Allegra-D 24 Hour User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.