Some people develop severe allergic reactions to insect stings that can be life- threatening while others develop mild-to-moderate symptoms. Mild symptoms may include redness and localized swelling while moderate symptoms may include extensive redness and swelling, some nausea, fatigue, and low fever that may not resolve for a week. Anaphylaxis, a term used to describe a severe allergic reaction, produces symptoms that can include swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, throat, and other serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing and low blood pressure. Itching and/or hives on the body also often develop. Untreated, anaphylaxis can result in death. People with severe allergic reactions to stings (and other allergens) should be treated immediately with epinephrine (they can carry a portable dose of epinephrine in an EpiPen). Allergy shots are recommended to prevent anaphylaxis for certain insect stings for some patients.