"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved an extended-release 20-mg, once-daily dosing option of lorcaserin, to be known as Belviq XR, for the treatment of obesity.
Belviq XR is slowly absorbed and lasts t"...
Organ transplant alert:
Do not use if you have had an organ transplant. alli (orlistat 60 mg) interferes with the medicines used to prevent transplant rejection.
Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in alli (orlistat 60 mg) capsules.
Do not use;
- if you are taking cyclosporine
- if you have been diagnosed with problems absorbing food
- if you are not overweight
Ask a doctor before use if you have ever had:
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking warfarin (blood thinning medicine), or taking medicine for diabetes or thyroid disease. Your medication dose may need to be adjusted.
- taking other weight loss products.
When using this product
- take a multivitamin containing vitamins A, D, E, K, and beta-carotene once daily at bedtime is recommended. Orlistat inhibits 25% of dietary fat, and may reduce the absorption of some fat-soluble vitamins. alli (orlistat 60 mg) and a multivitamin should not be taken at the same time to gain the most benefit of a multivitamin. However, if they are taken at the same time, at least 70% of the fat-soluble vitamins would be absorbed.
- follow a well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Try starting this diet before taking alli (orlistat 60 mg) capsules.
- alli (orlistat 60 mg) capsules work by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body so you may have bowel changes. You may get:
- gas with oily spotting
- loose stools
- more frequent stools that may be hard to control
Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of having these bowel changes.
For every 5 pounds you lose from diet alone, alli (orlistat 60 mg) can help you lose 2-3 pounds more. In studies, most people lost 5-10 pounds over 6 months.
Stop use and ask a doctor if severe or continuous abdominal pain occurs. This may be a sign of a serious medical condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, do not use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use if an individual has been diagnosed with problems absorbing food or is allergic to any of the ingredients in an alli (orlistat 60 mg) capsule.
Do not use if not overweight.This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/18/2016
Additional Alli Information
Alli - User Reviews
Alli User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.