"NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Treatment with masitinib can be helpful when severely symptomatic indolent systemic mastocytosis is unresponsive to optimal treatments, according to a multinational trial.
In a paper online January 6 in The"...
(nedocromil sodium ophthalmic solution) 2% sterile
It is important to use ALOCRIL® (nedocromil) ophthalmic solution regularly, as directed by your physician.
- Thoroughly wash your hands.
- Remove safety seal (Figure 1).
- Remove cap (Figure 2).
- Sit or stand comfortably, with your head tilted back (Figure 3).
- Open eyes, look up, and draw the lower lid of your eye down gently with your index finger (Figure 4).
- Hold the ALOCRIL® (nedocromil) bottle upside down. Place tip as close as possible to the lower eyelid without touching the tip to the eye, and gently squeeze out the prescribed number of drops (Figure 5).
- Do not touch the eye or eyelid with the bottle tip.
- Blink a few times to make sure the eye is covered with the solution.
- Close your eye and remove any excess solution with a clean tissue. 10. Repeat process in the other eye.
- Avoid placing ALOCRIL® (nedocromil) ophthalmic solution directly on the cornea (the area just over the pupil), because it is especially sensitive. You will find the administration of eye drops more comfortable if you place the drops just inside the lower eyelid as shown in Figure 5 on the previous page.
- To avoid contamination of the solution, do not touch dropper tip to the eye, fingers, or any other surface. Replace bottle cap after use. It is recommended that any remaining contents be discarded after treatment period prescribed by your physician.
- Store at 2º - 25º C (36º - 77º F). Store in original carton.
- Keep bottle tightly closed and out of the reach of children.
- Do not use with any other ocular medication unless directed by your physician. Do not wear contact lenses during treatment with ALOCRIL® (nedocromil) ophthalmic solution.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/5/2017
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Alocril Information
Alocril - User Reviews
Alocril User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.