"Nov. 3, 2014 -- A single blood test to detect cancer earlier is a step closer, scientists in the U.K. say, after they discovered more than 800 possible signs of cancer in the blood, called biomarkers, in people with cancer.
All cancers leav"...
Aloxi Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What are the possible side effects of palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What is the most important information I should know about palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- How should I take palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Aloxi)?
- What happens if I overdose (Aloxi)?
- What should I avoid while taking palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What other drugs will affect palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking palonosetron (Aloxi)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to palonosetron or to similar medicines such as dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril), or ondansetron (Zofran).
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether palonosetron passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take palonosetron (Aloxi)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Palonosetron is usually taken 1 hour before chemotherapy. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Store palonosetron at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Aloxi Information
- Aloxi Drug Interactions Center: palonosetron iv
- Aloxi Side Effects Center
- Aloxi Overview including Precautions
- Aloxi FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Aloxi - User Reviews
Aloxi User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.