"Nov. 3, 2014 -- A single blood test to detect cancer earlier is a step closer, scientists in the U.K. say, after they discovered more than 800 possible signs of cancer in the blood, called biomarkers, in people with cancer.
All cancers leav"...
Aloxi Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Aloxi
Generic Name: palonosetron (Pronunciation: PAL oh NOE se tron)
- What is palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What are the possible side effects of palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What is the most important information I should know about palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- How should I take palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Aloxi)?
- What happens if I overdose (Aloxi)?
- What should I avoid while taking palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- What other drugs will affect palonosetron (Aloxi)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is palonosetron (Aloxi)?
Palonosetron blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Palonosetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that may be caused by medicine to treat cancer (chemotherapy).
Palonosetron may be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of palonosetron (Aloxi)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Less serious side effects may include:
- constipation; or
- tired feeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Aloxi (palonosetron hydrochloride) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about palonosetron (Aloxi)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to palonosetron or to similar medicines such as dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril), or ondansetron (Zofran).
Tell your doctor if you forget to take your dose within 1 hour before chemotherapy. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Additional Aloxi Information
- Aloxi Drug Interactions Center: palonosetron iv
- Aloxi Side Effects Center
- Aloxi Overview including Precautions
- Aloxi FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Aloxi - User Reviews
Aloxi User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.