In this Article
- What other names is Alpha-ketoglutarate known by?
- What is Alpha-ketoglutarate?
- How does Alpha-ketoglutarate work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Alpha-ketoglutarate.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of alpha-ketoglutarate during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- For preventing blood supply problems during heart surgery and for preventing muscle breakdown after surgery or trauma: healthcare providers give alpha-ketoglutarate intravenously (by IV).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.