- What other names is Alpha-ketoglutarate known by?
- What is Alpha-ketoglutarate?
- How does Alpha-ketoglutarate work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Alpha-ketoglutarate.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing blood supply problems during heart surgery.
- Preventing muscle breakdown after surgery or trauma.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Kidney disease, intestinal and stomach disorders, bacterial infections, yeast infections, improving athletic performance, improving protein usage in hemodialysis patients, and cataracts.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.