- What other names is Alpha-linolenic Acid known by?
- What is Alpha-linolenic Acid?
- How does Alpha-linolenic Acid work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Alpha-linolenic Acid.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing the risk of heart disease and heart attacks.
- Reducing the risk of hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis).
- High blood pressure.
- Reducing the risk of pneumonia.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), multiple sclerosis, lung infections in children, lupus, diabetes, high cholesterol, kidney disease, Crohn's disease, migraines, depression, skin diseases, preventing colds, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.