In this Article
- What other names is Alpha-lipoic Acid known by?
- What is Alpha-lipoic Acid?
- How does Alpha-lipoic Acid work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Alpha-lipoic Acid.
Diabetics should be careful to check their blood sugar levels because alpha-lipoic acid might lower blood sugar.
Do not use alpha-lipoic acid if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You use alcohol excessively.
- You have thiamine deficiency.
- You have thyroid disease.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.