In this Article
- What other names is American Elder known by?
- What is American Elder?
- How does American Elder work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for American Elder.
The leaves, stems, or unripe fruit do not seem to be safe. If eaten, they can cause cyanide poisoning.
Do not use American elder in amounts greater than found in foods if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.