- What other names is American Mistletoe known by?
- What is American Mistletoe?
- How does American Mistletoe work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for American Mistletoe.
American mistletoe is used as a smooth muscle stimulant to increase blood pressure, and to increase muscle contractions in the uterus and intestine. It is also used to cause abortions.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Increasing muscle contractions.
- Causing abortion.
- Increasing blood pressure.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.