- What other names is American Pawpaw known by?
- What is American Pawpaw?
- How does American Pawpaw work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for American Pawpaw.
In homeopathy, American pawpaw is used for treating fever, vomiting, and pain and swelling (inflammation) of the mouth and throat. Homeopathy is an alternative treatment method that uses extreme dilutions of medicines.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Head lice. Early research suggests that applying a shampoo that contains American pawpaw, thymol, and tea tree oil to the head up to three times over 16 days can eliminate lice in adults and children.
- Swelling of the mouth and throat.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.