"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Kanuma (sebelipase alfa) as the first treatment for patients with a rare disease known as lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
Patients with LAL deficiency (also known as Wolman disea"...
Physicians should advise patients and caregivers about the following for safe use of AMMONUL:
- When plasma ammonia levels have normalized, dietary protein intake can usually be increased with the goal of unrestricted protein intake.
- Caution should be exercised when AMMONUL is administered to a nursing woman.
- The most common adverse reactions are vomiting, hyperglycemia, hypokalemia, convulsions, and mental impairment.
- Generally BUPHENYL is stopped during the time AMMONUL is used.
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/23/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ammonul Information
- Ammonul Drug Interactions Center: sodium benzoate-sod phenylacet iv
- Ammonul Side Effects Center
- Ammonul FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.