"New national guidelines on antibiotic stewardship take a more practical approach to the issue, offering pragmatic advice and endorsing programs tailored to each institution's unique situation.
"I hope that these guidelines will set a "...
Physicians should advise patients and caregivers about the following for safe use of AMMONUL:
- When plasma ammonia levels have normalized, dietary protein intake can usually be increased with the goal of unrestricted protein intake.
- Caution should be exercised when AMMONUL is administered to a nursing woman.
- The most common adverse reactions are vomiting, hyperglycemia, hypokalemia, convulsions, and mental impairment.
- Generally BUPHENYL is stopped during the time AMMONUL is used.
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/23/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ammonul Information
- Ammonul Drug Interactions Center: sodium benzoate-sod phenylacet iv
- Ammonul Side Effects Center
- Ammonul FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.