"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Amturnide Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Amturnide
Generic Name: aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Pronunciation: AL is KYE ren, am LOE de peen, HYE droe klor oh THYE a zide)
- What is aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- What are the possible side effects of aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- What is the most important information I should know about aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- How should I take aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Amturnide)?
- What happens if I overdose (Amturnide)?
- What should I avoid while taking aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- What other drugs will affect aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
Aliskiren is an anti-hypertensive (blood pressure lowering) medication. It works by decreasing substances in the body that narrow blood vessels and raise blood pressure.
Amlodipine is in a group of drugs called calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine relaxes (widens) blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
The combination of aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). This medicine is usually given after other blood pressure medications have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.
Aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Amturnide 150-5-12.5 mg
oval, purple, imprinted with YIY, NVR
Amturnide 300-10-12.5 mg
oval, red, imprinted with UIU, NVR
Amturnide 300-10-25 mg
oval, brown, imprinted with VIV, NVR
Amturnide 300-5-12.5 mg
oval, pink, imprinted with LIL, NVR
Amturnide 300-5-25 mg
oval, brown, imprinted with OIO, NVR
What are the possible side effects of aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- vision problems, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling);
- low sodium (headache, slurred speech, hallucinations, vomiting, severe weakness, muscle cramps, loss of coordination, feeling unsteady, seizure, fainting, shallow breathing);
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild headache;
- dizziness; or
- stuffy nose, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Amturnide (aliskiren, amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide)?
Do not use this medication if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
You should not take this medication if you are allergic to aliskiren (Tekturna, Tekamlo), amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Exforge, Lotrel, Tribenzor, Twynsta), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Hyzaar, Vaseretic, Zestoretic, and many others), or sulfa drugs (Bactrim, Septra, Sulfatrim, SMX-TMP, and others).
You should not take aliskiren, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide if you have severe kidney disease or are unable to urinate, or if you are also taking itraconazole (Sporanox) or cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune).
Before you take this medication, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, glaucoma, lupus, asthma, congestive heart failure, angina (chest pain), coronary artery disease, an electrolyte imbalance (such as low potassium or magnesium), a penicillin allergy, if you are on a low-salt diet, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to a blood pressure medication.
Your chest pain may become worse when you first start taking the medicine or when your dose is increased. Call your doctor if your chest pain is severe or ongoing.
Additional Amturnide Information
Amturnide - User Reviews
Amturnide User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.