Anabolic Steroid Abuse (cont.)
Benjamin Wedro, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Dr. Ben Wedro practices emergency medicine at Gundersen Clinic, a regional trauma center in La Crosse, Wisconsin. His background includes undergraduate and medical studies at the University of Alberta, a Family Practice internship at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario and residency training in Emergency Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
In this Article
- Anabolic steroid abuse facts
- What are anabolic steroids?
- Why do people abuse anabolic steroids?
- How do people abuse anabolic steroids?
- Are anabolic steroids addictive?
- What are the psychological and physical side effects of anabolic steroid abuse?
- How are anabolic steroid abuse and addiction diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for anabolic steroid abuse and addiction?
- Can anabolic steroid abuse and addiction be prevented?
- Where can I get more information on anabolic steroid abuse?
Where can I get more information on anabolic steroid abuse?
While there are many web sites that teach people how to abuse anabolic steroids without getting caught, there are also many that can educate about their benefits, risks, and dangers. Examples include the following:
"Anabolic Steroid Abuse," National Institute on Drug Abuse
"NIDA InfoFacts: Steroids (Anabolic-Androgenic)," National Institute on Drug Abuse
"Research Report Series - Anabolic Steroid Abuse," National Institute on Drug Abuse
United States. National Institute on Drug Abuse. "NIDA InfoFacts: Steroids (Anabolic-Androgenic)." July 2009. <http://www.drugabuse.gov/infofacts/steroids.html>.
Last Editorial Review: 4/23/2012
Viewers share their comments
Find out what women really need.