"Sept. 26, 2014 -- Spotting cancer early is key, but trying to do that -- often when there are no symptoms -- has been challenging.
Still, more and more evidence suggests that all cancers have a sign"...
Anadrol-50 Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What are the possible side effects of oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What is the most important information I should know about oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- How should I take oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Anadrol-50)?
- What happens if I overdose (Anadrol-50)?
- What should I avoid while taking oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What other drugs will affect oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to oxymetholone, or if you have:
- prostate cancer;
- male breast cancer;
- female breast cancer with high levels of calcium in the blood;
- severe liver disease;
- severe kidney disease; or
- if you are pregnant.
If you have certain conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use this medication. Before using oxymetholone, tell your doctor if you have:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- heart disease, congestive heart failure;
- high cholesterol or triglycerides;
- coronary artery disease (atherosclerosis); or
- an enlarged prostate.
FDA pregnancy category X. This medication can cause birth defects. Do not use oxymetholone if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment. Use effective birth control while you are using this medication.
It is not known whether oxymetholone passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Children being treated with oxymetholone may need x-ray examinations every 6 months to make sure the medication is not causing harmful effects on bone growth.
Oxymetholone will not enhance athletic performance and should not be used for that purpose or shared with another person.
How should I take oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication.
To be sure oxymetholone is helping your condition and is not causing harmful effects on your liver, your blood will need to be tested on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
This medication can cause you to have unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using oxymetholone.
It may take up to 6 months of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 3 months of treatment.
Once your condition is under control, you may be able to stop taking oxymetholone. However, some people must continue to use at least a small amount of the medicine to keep their red blood cells from getting too low. You may need to take oxymetholone for the rest of your life. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Anemia is often treated with a combination of different drugs, including antibiotics and vitamin or mineral supplements. To best treat your condition, use all of your medications as directed by your doctor. Be sure to read the medication guide or patient instructions provided with each of your medications. Do not change your doses or medication schedule without advice from your doctor.
Store oxymetholone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Keep track of how many pills have been used from each new bottle of this medicine. Anabolic steroids are drugs of abuse and you should be aware if any person in the household is using this medicine improperly or without a prescription.
Additional Anadrol-50 Information
- Anadrol-50 Drug Interactions Center: oxymetholone oral
- Anadrol-50 Side Effects Center
- Anadrol-50 Overview including Precautions
- Anadrol-50 FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.