"Immunoscore â€” a scoring system to determine specific lymphocyte populations in the core of the tumor and at its invasive margins â€” is emerging as a prognostic marker in colorectal cancer (CRC), according to researchers.
A new study sh"...
Anadrol-50 Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Anadrol-50
Generic Name: oxymetholone (Pronunciation: OKS ee METH oh lone)
- What is oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What are the possible side effects of oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What is the most important information I should know about oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- How should I take oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Anadrol-50)?
- What happens if I overdose (Anadrol-50)?
- What should I avoid while taking oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- What other drugs will affect oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
Oxymetholone is an anabolic steroid, which is a man-made form of a hormone similar to testosterone.
Oxymetholone is used to treat certain types of anemia (lack of red blood cells), including aplastic anemia, myelofibrosis, or hypoplastic anemia caused by chemotherapy.
Oxymetholone may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
round, white, imprinted with 8633, UNIMED
What are the possible side effects of oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- increased or ongoing erection of the penis;
- changes in skin color;
- urination problems; or
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Women receiving oxymetholone may develop male characteristics, which could be irreversible if treatment is continued. Call your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of these side effects:
- changes in your menstrual periods;
- hoarse or deepened voice;
- male-pattern hair growth (such as on the chin or chest);
- male pattern baldness;
- enlarged clitoris; or
- increase or decrease in sex drive.
Less serious side effects may include:
- breast swelling in men;
- feeling restless or excited;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Anadrol-50 (oxymetholone) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)?
This medication can cause birth defects. Do not use if you are pregnant. Use effective birth control, and tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to oxymetholone, or if you have prostate cancer, male breast cancer, female breast cancer with high levels of calcium in the blood, severe liver or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant.
Before using oxymetholone, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease, heart disease, congestive heart failure, high cholesterol or triglycerides, coronary artery disease, or an enlarged prostate.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as swelling, rapid weight gain, increased or ongoing erection of the penis, changes in skin color, urination problems, or signs of liver damage (nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Women receiving oxymetholone may develop male characteristics, which could be irreversible if treatment is continued. Call your doctor as soon as possible if you notice increased acne, changes in menstrual periods, a deepened voice, male pattern baldness or hair growth, an enlarged clitoris, or changes in your sex drive.
To be sure oxymetholone is helping your condition and is not causing harmful effects on your liver, your blood will need to be tested on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
It may take up to 6 months of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 3 months of treatment.
Additional Anadrol-50 Information
- Anadrol-50 Drug Interactions Center: oxymetholone oral
- Anadrol-50 Side Effects Center
- Anadrol-50 Overview including Precautions
- Anadrol-50 FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.