- What other names is Andrographis known by?
- What is Andrographis?
- How does Andrographis work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Andrographis.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating the common cold.
- Reducing the fever and sore throat associated with tonsillitis.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Familial Mediterranean fever, influenza, allergies, sinus infections, HIV/AIDS, anorexia, heart disease, liver problems, parasites, infections, skin diseases, ulcers, preventing the common cold, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.