In this Article
- What other names is Androstenediol known by?
- What is Androstenediol?
- How does Androstenediol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Androstenediol.
Do not use androstenediol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have breast cancer.
- You have a prostate condition known as benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH) or prostate cancer.
- You have cancer of the uterus or ovaries or other hormone-sensitive cancers.
- You have a hormone-sensitive condition such as endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.