In this Article
- What other names is Androstenedione known by?
- What is Androstenedione?
- How does Androstenedione work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Androstenedione.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Androstenedione seems to increase estrogen levels in the body. Taking androstenedione along with estrogen pills might cause too much estrogen in the body.
Some estrogen pills include conjugated equine estrogens (Premarin), ethinyl estradiol, estradiol, and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.