In this Article
- What other names is Angelica known by?
- What is Angelica?
- How does Angelica work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Angelica.
If you take angelica, wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned. Angelica might make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Do not use angelica root if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For stomach upset: A specific combination product containing angelica (Iberogast, Medical Futures, Inc) and several other herbs has been used in a dose of 1 mL three times daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.