- What other names is Anise known by?
- What is Anise?
- How does Anise work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Anise.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Head lice, upset stomach, intestinal gas, inducing menstrual periods, increasing breast milk, increasing libido, lice, scabies, psoriasis, as an expectorant for coughs, reducing spasms, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Anise work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.