Ankylosing Spondylitis (cont.)
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
Catherine Burt Driver, MD
Catherine Burt Driver, MD, is board certified in internal medicine and rheumatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Driver is a member of the American College of Rheumatology. She currently is in active practice in the field of rheumatology in Mission Viejo, Calif., where she is a partner in Mission Internal Medical Group.
In this Article
- Ankylosing spondylitis facts
- What is ankylosing spondylitis?
- What causes ankylosing spondylitis?
- What are ankylosing spondylitis symptoms and signs?
- What specialties of doctors treat ankylosing spondylitis?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose ankylosing spondylitis?
- What are ankylosing spondylitis treatment options?
- What are home remedies for ankylosing spondylitis?
- What is the prognosis for patients with ankylosing spondylitis?
- Is it possible to prevent ankylosing spondylitis?
- What is in the future for patients with ankylosing spondylitis?
- Where can people find more information about ankylosing spondylitis and learn about support groups?
- Ankylosing Spondylitis FAQs
- Find a local Rheumatologist in your town
Where can people find more information about ankylosing spondylitis and learn about support groups?
For more information about ankylosing spondylitis, please visit the Arthritis Foundation (http://www.arthritis.org/) and contact local branches of the Arthritis Foundation and/or Spondylitis Association of America for support group information.
Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases. Springer, edited by John H. Klippel, et al., 2008.
Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. W B Saunders Co, edited by Shaun Ruddy, et al., 2000.
American College of Rheumatology Annual Scientific National Meeting, 2005-8.
Find out what women really need.