WebMD Health News
Nov. 1, 2013 -- The cholesterol-lowering drug Crestor (rosuvastatin) was the nation's most prescribed drug in the past 12 months, according to a new report from research firm IMS Health. New "...
There is no specific treatment for overdose with Antara. General supportive care of the patient is indicated, including monitoring of vital signs and observation of clinical status, should an overdose occur. If indicated, elimination of unabsorbed drug should be achieved by emesis or gastric lavage; usual precautions should be observed to maintain the airway. Because fenofibrate is highly bound to plasma proteins, hemodialysis should not be considered.
Antara is contraindicated in:
- patients with severe renal impairment, including those receiving dialysis [see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY].
- patients with active liver disease, including those with primary biliary cirrhosis and unexplained persistent liver function abnormalities [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- patients with pre-existing gallbladder disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- nursing mothers [see Use In Specific Populations].
- patients with known hypersensitivity to fenofibric acid or fenofibrate [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 9/28/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Antara Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.