"Nov. 12, 2012 -- The requirement to fast before a cholesterol check can be a major inconvenience.
People who forget to fast may be told to reschedule their appointments. For those who remember, sitting in a doctor's waiting room with "...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
There is no specific treatment for overdose with Antara. General supportive care of the patient is indicated, including monitoring of vital signs and observation of clinical status, should an overdose occur. If indicated, elimination of unabsorbed drug should be achieved by emesis or gastric lavage; usual precautions should be observed to maintain the airway. Because fenofibrate is highly bound to plasma proteins, hemodialysis should not be considered.
Antara is contraindicated in:
- patients with severe renal impairment, including those receiving dialysis [see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY].
- patients with active liver disease, including those with primary biliary cirrhosis and unexplained persistent liver function abnormalities [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- patients with pre-existing gallbladder disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- nursing mothers [see Use In Specific Populations].
- patients with known hypersensitivity to fenofibric acid or fenofibrate [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/4/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Antara Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.