"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the MemoryShape Breast Implant to increase breast size (augmentation) for use in women at least 22 years old and to rebuild breast tissue (reconstruction) in women of any age. The MemoryShape B"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
- Clinician Information:
Anturane Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- What are the possible side effects of sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- What is the most important information I should know about sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- Who should not take sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- How should I take sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Anturane)?
- What happens if I overdose (Anturane)?
- What should I avoid while taking sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- What other drugs will affect sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
- Where can I get more information?
Who should not take sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you
- have ever had an allergic reaction to sulfinpyrazone,
- have kidney disease or poorly functioning kidneys,
- have kidney stones,
- have an ulcer in your stomach,
- have blood problems, or
- are on high-dose aspirin or salicylate therapy.
Sulfinpyrazone is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether sulfinpyrazone will harm an unborn baby. Do not take sulfinpyrazone without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
It is also not known whether sulfinpyrazone passes into breast milk. Do not take sulfinpyrazone without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)?
Take sulfinpyrazone exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose of sulfinpyrazone with a full glass of water. Also, to reduce the risk that kidney stones will form, drink at least 8 to 10 full glasses (8 ounces) of fluid every day, unless your doctor tells you not to.
Take sulfinpyrazone with food, milk, or an antacid to lessen stomach upset. If nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite is severe or persistent, consult your doctor.
Do not stop taking this medication without the approval of your doctor.
Store sulfinpyrazone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Anturane Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.