"Sept. 26, 2014 -- Spotting cancer early is key, but trying to do that -- often when there are no symptoms -- has been challenging.
Still, more and more evidence suggests that all cancers have a sign"...
Patients should be informed that ANZEMET may cause serious cardiac arrhythmias such as QT prolongation or heart block. Patients should be instructed to tell their health care provider right away if they perceive a change in their heart rate, if they feel lightheaded, or if they have a syncopal episode.
- Patients should be informed that the chances of developing serious cardiac arrhythmias such as QT prolongation and Torsade de Pointes or heart block are higher in the following people:
- Patients with a personal or family history of abnormal heart rhythms, such as congenital long QT syndrome
- Patients with a personal history of sick sinus syndrome, atrial fibrillation with slow ventricular response or myocardial ischemia
- Patients who take medications that may prolong the PR interval, such as certain antihypertensives or medications that may prolong the QRS interval, such as antiarrythmic medications
- Patients who take medications, such as diuretics, which may cause electrolyte abnormalities
- Patients with hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia. Some types of chemotherapy cause hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia
- Elderly patients and renally impaired patients
ANZEMET should be avoided in these patients, since they may be more at risk for cardiac arrhythmias such as QT prolongation and Torsade de Pointes.
Last reviewed on RxList: 9/27/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Anzemet Tablets Information
Anzemet Tablets - User Reviews
Anzemet Tablets User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.