"Dec. 12, 2012 -- Heavy coffee drinkers -- those who drink more than four cups a day -- may cut their risk of dying from cancers of the mouth and throat by nearly half, according to new research.
"We examined coffee drinking habits in "...
Anzemet Tablets Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Anzemet
Generic Name: dolasetron (Pronunciation: doe LAS e tron)
- What is dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What are the possible side effects of dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What is the most important information I should know about dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- How should I take dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What happens if I overdose (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What should I avoid while taking dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- What other drugs will affect dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
Dolasetron blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Dolasetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that may be caused by surgery or by medicine to treat cancer (chemotherapy).
Dolasetron may be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Anzemet 100 mg
oval, pink, imprinted with 100, ANZEMET
What are the possible side effects of dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, slow breathing; or
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- tired feeling;
- diarrhea or constipation;
- chills, shivering;
- fever, sweating; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Anzemet Tablets (dolasetron) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about dolasetron (Anzemet Tablets)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to dolasetron or to similar medicines such as ondansetron (Zofran), granisetron (Kytril), or palonosetron (Aloxi).
Before taking dolasetron, tell your doctor if you have a heart rhythm disorder; a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome, or an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood).
Dolasetron is usually taken 1 hour before chemotherapy or 2 hours before surgery. Tell your doctor if you forget to take the medication within the specified amount of time before your procedure.
Additional Anzemet Tablets Information
Anzemet Tablets - User Reviews
Anzemet Tablets User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.